
Noah went for Pre K screening yesterday and did very well! They commented that he was very polite, adorable and even said "Bless you" when another little one had sneezed! Vision and hearing are perfect. And his gross and fine motor skills scored 17/17, and he scored 7/10 on a verbal pattern test. (He had to repeat a series of words in order after hearing them and it took him the third try to get them all in the correct order.) Disfluency in speaking was also noticed (his occasional stutter), so they want to retest him again in the fall to see if it has improved or disappeared altogether. Meanwhile, Mike and I are to talk slowly and in a relaxed way- - do these people know me? Talk slow and relaxed, I don't have time for that!! HA, HA :-) Anyway, Noah thought it was great fun and received 3 stickers so he was thrilled and wants to do it again today!
On another note, Mike is one week from being sworn in as a Sergeant! His ceremony is next Thursday, May 1 at 10:00 a.m. Noah, Keith and I will be joining him. I may even get to pin his Sgt. stripes on him! He's looking forward to the new challenges this position will bring, but found out his is also responsible for scheduling trainings for all 75 deputies! He wasn't so thrilled about that. All in all the final years of his career are looking bright and he's excited, so that's what really matters.
As for me, well I'm actually in the midst of administering state testing - God bless NCLB! Of course, I'm also trying to finish the research paper process with my juniors and cram one more novel down their throats before the end of May, and on top of that Prom is in two weeks! I'm thinking by the first of June my brain will be the size of a mini-marshmallow :-)
My graduate class at ISU is nearly finished, but I have two HUGE projects to get done in the next three weeks. (Piece a' cake)!!
Well, that's all folks!


1 comment:
Yeah - a Pennington Blog! Love the pics....see you soon!!
Post a Comment