Friday, May 9, 2008

What a Surprise!

Wow! What a wonderful surprise I got on Tuesday morning! Every year RHS holds an awards day ceremony where the top students receive departmental achievement awards. The best part of the awards day ceremony is when the Art 4 students get to give away a piece of their artwork to a teacher who has made an impact in their lives. So picture me sitting in the back of the auditorium, grading research paper rough drafts, and my name is called! I was so caught off guard that I was shaking! (That's what I get for not paying attention :-) Anyway, this young man, Josh Zack, was a student of mine last year in Junior English and again this year in Oral Communications. And, apparently, I made some sort of lasting impression so he bestowed upon me this beautiful picture- I believe it was done with oil crayons. It will be matted and framed, and then I get to hang it in my classroom for as long as I teach at RHS, and when/if I ever leave I get to take it with me! It will hang proudly on my wall with two other pieces I've received in the past!
Needless to say, he made my day, and the artwork is just absolutely beautiful, as you can see!
If you click on the picture it should open it up larger, so you can really take a look at the art!

2 comments:

Jarretts said...

What an honor! Congrats . . . and it is beautiful!

Dee said...

Yes I know that I am a little behind but I just want to say 'Congratulations' to you and Mike. It appears both of your hard work is paying off.
Love to read your blogs. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Dee