




I just can't believe that it was 5 years ago that our little guy was born!! The wait was so long, and so slow, but once he arrived time seems to be slipping by far too quickly. These are pictures of various celebrations with family, friends and school.
On Thanksgiving day we celebrated his b'day with Dad's side of the family since they were at our house for the holiday. Noah waited patiently until after we ate to open his gifts. He loved them all, but the Buzz Lightyear talking action figure (matching PJs) were a hit-- thanks Mudgie & Granny!!
Then the day before the big 5, Noah got to celebrate at school. (Don't be tricked by the adorable and scrumptious looking, and colorful, rice crispy caterpiller-- it's fake and used for each child's b'day!!) I did send treats though!!
On Noah's special day we went to Breakfast with Santa at church, where there was both breakfast and Santa, along with a huge silent auction to benefit an orphanage in China. As part of the mornings festivites Noah's 'Little Ninjas' karate class did a demonstration on the stage (see photos below!!) Noah wasn't the most skilled or attentive- as he kept waving at Mike and me down in the audience! But he looked darn cute in his Gi!! Later that same day Mike and I took him bowling- he gave me a run for my money! He picked up 2 spares, and I only picked up 3 so not bad for his first full 10 frames of bowling. After 2 games, burgers and sodas we were ready to call it a day! Noah received an electric guitar, a puching bag, matchbox cars and a little hand-held video game - Buzz Lightyear- which he informed us was a GPS!!
On Sunday, the 6th, we had a big party with alot of his friends from school. Thankfully we didn't have it at the house! The boys ran around chasing each other while the girls sat and made crafts! It was a Candyland theme so after 2 hours of pure sugar in every form he opened a ton of gifts, one of which was a remote control Wall-E, which he LOVED! (Thanks Nana) He also received many Transformers in various sizes, shapes and degrees of difficulty!! So generous were the gifts that I still don't think he's had a chance to play with all of them and Christmas is just around the corner!!
Life in the library is good. I applied for a grant to create a reading area (think Panera/Barnes & Noble) but was not chosen. However, a colleague encouraged me to try other means, so after a few weeks of thinking about it I decided to write a letter to businesses located within our schools districting inviting them to make a one-time $100 donation. My goal, after sending out 65 letters was to get 15-20 responses (and checks :-) so far I've only heard fron 4 businesses, but the giving spirit is alive and I've been given $3400-- that's right almost double what I was hoping for!!! I have been so overwhelmed my head is spinning with ideas! Anyway, over the break I'll be doing a bit of furniture shopping to try and get orders placed and everything in place when second semester resumes. The kids are going to be so surprised, I can't wait!!
Well, other than trying to stay on top of holiday parties and engagements, there's not much more to report. I hope each of you reading this is able to step back, relax and actually enjoy your Christmas!
Happy Holidays!


No comments:
Post a Comment